Below are the terms and conditions on which I will provide dance and performing arts tuition (‘Services’). The exact services I will provide to you will depend on which Lessons the pupil (or parent/guardian as applicable) chooses to attend. Before you agree that I will provide Services to you, please read these terms and conditions.
Please print out, sign and return a copy of these terms and conditions to me prior to the pupil attending lessons.
- The pupil’s attendance at a lesson is implied as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Before I will provide any Services I require that you complete a Emergency Details Form with full details of the name and address of the pupil and any guardian (where applicable), your relationship to the pupil (where applicable), mobile telephone and home telephone number, e-mail address and details of any relevant medical information concerning the pupil including current health issues, any illnesses or diseases the pupil suffers from and medications the pupil take (how, when and the quantities).
- My Services are provided in lessons, weekly and over a Term, with three successive Terms commencing with a Winter Term being a Year.
- The fees for the current Term are set out HERE. Please note that fees may (at my absolute discretion) increase for any subsequent term. Details of fees for the forthcoming term will be set out in the end of term letter.
- Fees are payable in full prior to commencement of the Services.
- I may, at my absolute discretion accept payment of the Fee in 3 equal monthly instalments over the term, the first payment payable within 5 business days of the commencement of the Term, the balance payable in 2 equal monthly instalments, payable on the 1st of each successive calendar month.
- In the event that you engage my Services for an Academic Year I may at my absolute discretion accept payment of the aggregate Fees in 10 equal monthly instalments over the year by bank transfer (standing order). The first payment payable on the 1st of the calendar month following commencement of Services (usually September) and the balance payable on the 1st of each successive calendar month until the aggregate fees for that academic year have been paid in full.
- I accept payment of Fees in cash, cheque, bank transfer or credit/debit card.
- A surcharge of £1.20 will apply to each payment made by credit/debit card.
- Please make cheques payable to ‘Carol May School of Dance and Performing Arts’ and write the name of the pupil on the back of the cheque.
- Without prejudice to my rights elsewhere in these Terms and Conditions, if you fail to make payment of my Fees by the due date I may:
a. charge you interest (at Royal Westminster Bank plc's base interest rate plus 3%) on any
outstanding amounts if those outstanding amounts remain unpaid for more than 7 days from
when I asked you first to pay them; and/or
b. if the amounts not paid represent more than 10% of the total Fees for the Services, and there remain
some Services which I have not yet performed, then I may suspend performing the remaining Services
until you make payment in full. For the avoidance of doubt, the pupil will not be eligible to attend any
further Lessons that Term until all outstanding fees for the Term have been paid in full; and
c. if my fees have not been paid in full within 4 weeks of the start of Term (other than where we have
agreed to accept payment by way of instalments under clause 6 and 7), I may terminate this
agreement on 2 days notice.
- If a pupil is late arriving to a Lesson (private or otherwise) then the Lesson will start at the scheduled time and continue until its scheduled end time.
- If the pupil fails to attend a Lesson then we expect you to pay the cost of that Lesson.
- If a pupil is unable to attend a private lesson then not less than 24 hours notice of cancellation shall be given. If less than 24 hours notice is given of cancellation or the pupil fails to attend then the Fee for that private lesson will be payable in full.
- Best results are achieved by attending all weekly Lessons over a Term. I do not guarantee a particular outcome. I provide services with reasonable care and skill.
- It is the tutors’ discretion as to when a pupil is ready to take any exam. All Ballet (R.A.D.) Tap and Modern exams (I.S.T.D.) are Q.C.A. approved.
- If a pupil is entered for an exam that pupil will be required to attend additional Coaching Lessons prior to the exam, for which additional fees are payable. Such additional fees are payable in full prior to commencement of the Coaching Lesson. Full exam uniform is required for every Coaching Lesson.
- Exam fees are payable in full before the exam entrance deadline. If payment is not made by the deadline the pupil will not be entered for that round of exams.
- Please note that exam fees are non refundable. Lesson Fees will only be reimbursed if a pupil is unable to continue with the lessons due to medical reasons supported by a medical certificate from their general practitioner or medical consultant.
- At any time during a Lesson, the tutor may in his/her opinion ask the pupil to stop their participation in the Lessons if the Pupil:
a. appears to be unwell or becoming unwell; and/or
b. fails to follow the tutor’s reasonable instructions (such as not following instructions intended to protect
the pupil, tutor or another’s safety).
- You will provide me with details of any change to Emergency Form in a timely fashion. You recognise that if I do not have up to date information, particularly concerning contact information, there may be delays in contact in the case of an emergency.
- Please note that the Services may be provided by myself or those in my network of approved tutors.
- My liability to compensate you for any loss or damage (in the case of loss or damage other than death or personal injury) is limited to the aggregate sums paid to me for Services for the pupil concerned during the Term.
- I will compensate you for any loss or damage the pupil may suffer if I fail to carry out my duties imposed on me by law (including if I cause the pupil death or personal injury by my negligence) unless that failure is attributable to:
a. the pupil or your fault;
b. a third party unconnected with the provision of the Services under this contract; or
c. an event which I could not have foreseen or forestalled even if I have taken all reasonable care.
- I may terminate this agreement on 3 days notice if the pupil fails to comply with the School Rules in place from time to time, which are displayed in the changing room.
- A person who is not a party to the contract shall not have any rights to enforce its terms.
- No failure or delay by me to exercise any right, power or remedy shall operate as a waiver of it, nor shall any partial exercise preclude further exercise of the same or some other right, power or remedy.
- These terms and conditions shall apply to the exclusion of all other terms and conditions which you may seek to impose or incorporate into the contract and which are implied by trade, custom, practice or course of dealing.
- If you are unhappy with the Services I provide I hope that you will discuss any problems or issues with me first. If you wish, you may, at any time, take court proceedings. If so, you must do so within the courts of England and Wales. This contract is governed and construed by the laws of England and Wales.
- A copy of the School’s health and safety policy is available on request and also found in the main